Thursday, April 19, 2012

SJ Crafts April Challenge

This fantastic October Afternoon World Map paper has been in my stash for quite some time. I Think I was a little afraid to use it it's so nice.

A while back Miss Smith created this amazing layout using the exact.....ish same paper.

I was still a little unsure how to use this paper when SJ Crafts April Challenge theme was announced as "Favorite". Instantly this world paper and these photos sprung to mind. These photos are my favorites from when the boys were younger. I love the three of them together and cheeky Stan in the middle with his chunky hands wrapped around his brothers necks. Jack seemed to be oblivious to it all (not much has changed there!) and is busy counting on his fingers where Harry look on and seems rather amused. 

 Supplies used
Jenni Bowlin Memo stickers
Jenni Bowlin Vintage journaling tag
scraps of paper from MME Lost and Found ranges
three tags for jounaling a message to each one of them

If you have something favourite you wish to scrap whether it be a topic or a photo or too use a favourite sheet of patterned paper why not pop across and enter SJ Crafts Challenge.

I'll be back tomorrow (hopefully) to show you a project I've been working on. Can I say thank you for your comments on my previous rugby post. I'm still smiling from ear to ear and I think I've mentioned it to everyone who'll listen lol.

11 comments:

  1. Great layout love the paper bunting below your title.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Louise, the boys and the LO. I love the mixed font title too. It's one of my favorite elements in scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! lovely page and the photos are gorgeous too! Love the banner of flags :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout, that paper is gorgeous isn't it? And I love your flag banner, it really catches the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use for that paper..and the bunting is fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's very creative thinking to use the paper in this way. The bunting looks great and as always I love your touches of black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really beautiful Louise, love that paper xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Louise, I adore your layout, how beautiful!!! And as for your boys, they are just sooooo cute!! Such a lovely photo :)
    Working with patterned paper for the main background of a layout can be really difficult sometimes, but I love this map paper, and you have managed to balance it so perfectly, it's Stunning!!
    Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What curies they are! The map paper looks fab as the background and ties in with your title perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a fabulous paper for a fabulous page! I love all the pennants too. Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really spectacular page for those favorite photos - I like all the details including the tucked away journal tags and the stitches across the banners.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...