Monday, April 23, 2012

All about Jack

Happy St George's Day, also the birthday of William Shakespeare and my number one son Harry.

Happy Birthday Harry - we officially have a teenager in the house.....(yikes!!)

I suppose this post should be all about Harry, but I'm going to save his birthday sleepover (not that there was much sleeping done!!) in the tent in the garden for another day.

Instead I'll be sharing my completed This and That mini book with you.
The construction of the book is here if you'd like to give it a go.

just to warn you this post is a little photo heavy

All about Jack
Jack will be ten in a couple of months and he has so many wonderful qualities that I had to create a book to record them in.





















Decorating the cover based on Jenni Bowlin hexagon stickers.
All the papers come from the This and That kit, as do all the stickers and embellies you see.

I did use a splash of Jenni Bowlin paint on some pages and a few different alphas too


The envelope holds a long letter to Jack, hand written by me…..…to him…….. in another ten years he will love looking back at this letter (and so will I). This is something I must also do for the other two as well.
 



 I love how this book sits together with all the different sized papers

There you are all finished. I really enjoyed this project and I'm ready to search out some new papers to make another style book for Number 3 son.

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea Louise..your book has turned out wonderfully...Happy Birthday to your teenager!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise it is beautiful, packed with inspiration, and big happy birthday to your son.....a teenager...scarey :D I hope he has a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Louise this book is just adorable. Wishing Jack a wonderful 'teen hood' and good luck to you with that:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Louise this is just gorgeou, yet again you have brought a tear to my eye I what you have done for one of your boys, I really should get my act together and do something for my two girls. I am sure Jack will love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely book, and those papers are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise, this is amazing! I absolutely love it - well worth all the love and care you have lavished upon it. I'm glad you took all the pictures so we could get to see all the beautiful detail. Is it okay to call a boys book beautiful? lol! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is brilliant - I bet he was over the moon with it. I love the quirky papers and different shapes. It works so well for a teen. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This mini album is stunning Louise!!!! I LOVE the colors, the photos, all the little details!!! Fantastic work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, Louise it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful. I love the way you have included a letter to him that can be read in years to come. The papers and colour scheme are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Louise this looks even more fantastic with the addition of your beautiful photos. You must be so pleased with how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Louise this is amazing! What a fantastic book, he'll treasure it I'm sure. Speaking of birthdays, my Nephew was born today so he's in good company...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wow, wow! I just adore this Louise! It is beautifully made and your photos are stunning and I just love the whole idea, I am definitely going to have to try and do something like this for my sons sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a gorgeous book - love the colours and all the details. You have a very handsome boy too x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Louie, OMG!!! I absolutely LOVE this!!!! Simply stunning!!! Your boys are so lovely, and your photos are amazing!!! I wish I could take photos like this. Have two boys myself, and having done several boy layouts, cards, mini albums and so on about them, am always interested to see how other people with boys choose to create scrapbooks and minis about their boys too. I love this, and am sure it will be tresured for years!
    Suzie xxxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely stunning Louise!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...